Every year, families are asked to contribute specific school supplies to your children’s classrooms. Here are a few things worth noting:
- All supply lists were specifically customized by our teachers at FSK for our classes.
- When you look at the lists, you’ll see certain grades have a “boy” list and a “girl” list. The only difference is one or two specific items for general use in the classroom. Please purchase according to your child’s gender so that these supplies are balanced in the classroom.
- All grades need headphones – labeled with name – for the technology class. If you are already providing headphones for your child’s main classroom, you needn’t provide another pair however.
- Grades 3 and up need a composition book for art class (see “Creative Arts” list for specifics).
- There are a few grades that have “optional ” lists as well. These items are not mandatory, but teachers welcome the additional supplies.
ONLINE ORDERING (Elementary Only)
If you’d like to order your school supplies online, your items will be in the classroom on the first day of school. Easy!! To order, use the following link:
https://www.educationalproducts.com/ShopPacks/ and school code FRA130.
- Sales tax will be added securely at checkout.
- Please print your order confirmation as your receipt and keep for your records.
The online ordering deadline is Sunday 7/7. If you have any questions, please email parent volunteer Julie Cole.
Supply Lists by Grade
Please download the list which corresponds with the grade level your student will be entering at the beginning of the 2019-20 school year:
Technology (All Students): Headphones
Creative Arts (All Students):
All grades (optional but appreciated):
- 2-pack black, fine-point sharpies
- 1 pack pencils (any size/brand)
- 1 box tissues hand sanitizer
- Repurposed items: empty egg cartons, bubble wrap
Grades 3-8, Composition Notebook, labeled with name, grade and “Art”
Suggestions & Requests:
- You can shop anywhere for your supplies: Target, Wal-Mart, Office Depot, Staples, etc.
- Keep an eye out for sales and promotions this summer, which typically happen in July and August.
- Most items listed will be shared by the whole class and not “owned” by your child. However, there are a few items you can pick out special for/with your child, like a plastic folder or pencil pouch (see lists for details).
- Please honor the brands requested whenever you can! Teachers designate a specific brand (Crayola, Expo, etc.) when they feel these items are higher quality and will last longer throughout the school year. If you catch the right sale, many will be competitively priced with store-brand equivalents too.
- If you order on Amazon, consider clicking on the Amazon Smile logo on this page, and choose “Francis Scott Key Elementary Middle School PTO Inc” as your charity of choice. They give a small donation to FSK when eligible items are purchased.
Supplies bought by you must be brought to FSK on Wednesday 8/28 from 9am-7pm OR Thursday 8/29 from 9am-1pm.
Supplies must be dropped off outside of the teacher’s room, which will still be in the process of being prepped for the school year – thank you for understanding if your teacher is too busy to connect at that time.