Bad weather or other emergencies can create a situation that makes it unsafe for students, parents, and staff to travel to and from school.
How to find out if schools and offices are closed
- Make sure your child’s school has a cell phone number for you to receive text messages and an email address for you to receive email announcements. Parents and guardians can update their contact information through Campus Portal (Infinite Campus). Community members can also sign up for emails. (Please note that it can take 24-48 hours for the system to update.)
- Follow @BaltCitySchools on Twitter.
- “Like” the City Schools Facebook page.
- Listen to local radio stations
- Watch local television stations, like the local ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC affiliates
- Check the Baltimore Sun’s school closing database.
All full-day closings and delays will be announced as close to 5 a.m. as possible. For early dismissals, announcements are made as soon as the decision is made.
More information on how weather and other dismissal decisions are made can be found on the Baltimore City Public Schools website.